wxSplashScreen cant catch any event?

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
yeyouqun
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxSplashScreen cant catch any event?

Post by yeyouqun »

Hi,all

I use wxSplashScreen in my app, but I have something to be done before showing the splash, but it seems that no event can be caught be the splash window, for example EVT_PAINT, EVT_ERASE_BACKGROUND, and etc.

Only the EVT_CLOSE can be handled by myself.

I tried some other methods, such as rewriting a splash windows implementation as wxSplashScreen, but it doesn't work anyway, and overide the Show() virtual function, but splash window shows before this function is called.

If somebody can give me some advice???
ISD
Azagaros
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by Azagaros »

do some basic flow logic here.. Do the work you need before creating the splash screen object.

Other thought, Put the splash screen up using your own implementation and control the window with basic thoughts and destroy when your ready to. wxSplashScreen is a child of wxWindow and there are a lot of thoughts out in the forums that could control it like a splash screen class with a lot of custom implementations. This is the way most of us did it before that fancy class.
17+ years of c++, currently open watcom and wxWidgets, MFC experience. C::B user.
The world begins again. Are you going to be one of the 2 billion left?
yeyouqun
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by yeyouqun »

Thanks a lot, I have solved this problem by writing my own splash windows implementation.
ISD