C++ Newbie, I want a wxTextValidator subclass, how?

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
alaricljs
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

C++ Newbie, I want a wxTextValidator subclass, how?

Post by alaricljs »

I would very much like to subclass wxTextValidator. Problem being I have no clue how. I have Stroustrup's book and Thinking in C++ by Bruce Eckel, they've not helped very much.

All I want to do is make string length a part of the validation process, it can't be that hard. I'd like minimum and maximum values, and I'd like to keep everything from wxTextValidator.

Any pointers to docs, direct assistance, really anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2
wxWidgets 2.6.1
wxGlade 0.3.5.1
WinXP SP2 (+all)
alaricljs
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by alaricljs »

Stupid stumbling block number 2:

Horrid error messages from your compiler lead you to believe you're clueless, when all you did was typo/drop punctuation.

That's right, a simple semi-colon at the end of the class {} is all I screwed up. Mind you Dev-C++ tells me I've got a new type definition as a return in response to that.

Weeeee!
Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2
wxWidgets 2.6.1
wxGlade 0.3.5.1
WinXP SP2 (+all)
Ryan Norton
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by Ryan Norton »

alaricljs wrote:Stupid stumbling block number 2:

Horrid error messages from your compiler lead you to believe you're clueless, when all you did was typo/drop punctuation.

That's right, a simple semi-colon at the end of the class {} is all I screwed up. Mind you Dev-C++ tells me I've got a new type definition as a return in response to that.

Weeeee!
Heh heh. That was funny :lol: - glad you found a solution 8) .
[Mostly retired moderator, still check in to clean up some stuff]