Disable "DISABLED"-Sound Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Tech-Muc
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Disable "DISABLED"-Sound

Post by Tech-Muc »

Hello,

When clicking on a disabled window under windows XP, the systems plays an annoying "beep" sound. As one of my main windows is always disabled (for some important reasons), this is very disturbing.
Is there any way to disbable this sound?

Thanks,
Timo
mc2r
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Post by mc2r »

Timo,

I don't know a way in wxWidgets to disable the bell when clicking on a disabled window. There may be a win32 specific version.

What I can suggest is exactly the kind of non-answer I normally hate. That is what is it you are trying to accomplish with the disabled main window? Maybe someone here can come up with a way to accomplish the same with out really disabling it.

-Max
Tech-Muc
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by Tech-Muc »

Yes i expected this answer, thank you nevertheless max ;)

I have a contract with an engine-developer to work-out an ingame editor. The editor is generally almost finished, so now the finetuning. The problem is, that the directX interface always "takes" the focus away of the instance of the wxWidgets Window, which disabled the main frame (greyed it out) and causes some other small problems. Therefore i disabled the engine window to stop not-wanted effects.

==> It worked out fantastic with windows-vista, but on Windows XP there is this small anoying "bell" sound. I thought there might be some kind of Windows-Message sending to the Engine hWnd when i click onto the Engine and it's disabled (which i could fetch and cancel).
I do not want to change the main focus system anymore, as it's working pretty well atm, but maybe someone else has a small idea?

thank you for every answer,
Timo

ps: the last way out would be to check the windows version and accept the disabled main frame in windows XP. But before i wanted to asked.