Windows Xp Logon

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
am85
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Windows Xp Logon

Post by am85 »

Is it possible to develop windows xp logon using wxwidget or c++?
After googling in several times, its difficult to found a library or piece of code that use c++ or particularly wxwidget for developing xp logon (logonUI.exe).

Does anybody know resources to make xp logon?

I try to develop a program that uses face recognition technology when user log on windows xp.

sorry for my english.

Thanx in advance.
spectrum
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by spectrum »

hello am85,

XP logon is something OS related, so no support is included in the wxWidgets library.
I suggest you look for the windows API's needed to perform a logon tool, mostly searching on msdn network.
Then, you can use the language you prefer to call them.

Greetings
spectrum
upCASE

Post by upCASE »

Hi!
I searched a bit. Although I didn't find a full reference on doing this, some articles might be of interest (at least for testing).

This article (http://www.codeproject.com/KB/winsdk/LoginFilter.aspx) is about hooking the password entry in the logon screen.

This article (http://www.codeproject.com/KB/winsdk/An ... nLock.aspx) describes the common approach of locking the desktop.

I'm not really sure if replacing the logonui.exe would be a good start, maybe check some MS forums for that. From what I gathered, this exe is a standard PE file, compressed in some way. I guess applications that modify the look of the logon screen might alter it as well, so maybe use this as a starting point for your searches.

Hope this helps.
wx: svn
Compiler: gcc 4.5.1, VC 2008, eVC 4

"If it was hard to write it should be hard to read..." - the unknown coder
"Try not! Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda