wxScrollBar theming issue under Vista (probably XP too) Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
fyarball
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxScrollBar theming issue under Vista (probably XP too)

Post by fyarball »

Unlike the rest of my widgets in my application, my wxScrollBar (standalone, not part of wxScrolledWindow or other scrolled widget) does not follow the "Vista" UI theme and instead gets rendered using the "Windows Classic" theme, making it look like it doesn't belong in the application.

I'd tell everyone running Vista to disable the resource hogging new theme, fixing the issue, but it would be sad to have to turn off all you have to show for the $500 you spent on your copy of Vista ;)

So I'm looking for a way to make my wxScrollBar fit in with the rest of the application on Vista. Any ideas?
spectrum
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by spectrum »

hello fyarball,

i found a thread that maybe can help you

http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.p ... ight=style

greetings
spectrum
fyarball
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Thanks. I've heard about this before, but..

Post by fyarball »

Thanks, placing a <app>.EXE.MANIFEST file in the directory containing my app fixed the problem. I've heard about this manifest problem before (especially with mingw, which is what I use) and actually considered it but I figured since only one widget was the problem (all others use the correct theme) I figured it must be a wxWidgets problem and not a resource/manifest problem. I was wrong.

I guess now I have to tinker with my automake scripts in order to link "wx.rc" into my app on windows builds. I wish all I had to do was put an #ifdef in my source code - oh well.