sigtrap Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
nkwinder
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

sigtrap

Post by nkwinder » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:27 am

hello all

i have this strange problem

i have recently implemented an image zoom functionality in my program, but from then on, i sometimes get a sigtrap, when i close the application. When i hit x, program freezes.

Is there any way to trace this with the debugger (debugger only says sigtrap in some dll), so i can figure out which line of code cause this behavior?

thanks in advance

mc2r
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Re: sigtrap

Post by mc2r » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:10 am

nkwinder wrote:Is there any way to trace this with the debugger
Which debugger is the debugger? Which Compiler? Which OS? Which version all of those and wxWidgets?

Also, you might get more feedback on how to use the debugger from a site dedicated to the use of the debugger

-Max

nkwinder
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by nkwinder » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:17 am

sorry i forgot to mention

i use code::blocks with 2.8.9 wxwidgets on windows vista.

nkwinder
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by nkwinder » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:56 am

just to be more precise

Debugger name and version: GNU gdb 6.7.50.20071127
Child process PID: 6036
Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
In ntdll!DbgUiConvertStateChangeStructure () (C:\Windows\system32\ntdll.dll)
Debugger finished with status 0

spectrum
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by spectrum » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:11 am

hi nkwinder,

i am also on similar problems, and still investigating since i still didn't solved them.

My problem is very similar, since the call stack show RtlpNtMakeTemporaryKey also, and you probably would see that
DbgUiConvertStateChangeStructure is called from RtlpNtMakeTemporaryKey.

SIGTRAP is a breakpoint issued from the ntdll, for some strange reason.

Some attempts you can do:

1)I had problem like those in the past, M$ dll's was generating traps since they couldn't find some services running. Problems was on the sockets mostly, and i solved enabling some services that was closed like firewall/defender.

2)I am afraid is some kind of buggy part of one of the upper layer libraries, even on wxWidgets, to couse the terap.
In my case i am only loading an xrc file with Load(), and the trap come from when i installed wxWidgets 2.9.0 unicode.
Maybe you could find some coding alternative to do the same things, avoiding the trap.

greetings,
spectrum
spectrum

nkwinder
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by nkwinder » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:16 am

after i spent much time dealing with issues like this, i have to say that most of the times i get a sigtrap, is due to some erroneous deallocation or access out of bounds... or stuff like that.

so with some careful examination of the code, all errors are gone. (at least i hope so). :)

solved then!