MinimizeButton() in wxAuiPaneInfo doesn't work?

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Post Reply
lephon
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:20 am

MinimizeButton() in wxAuiPaneInfo doesn't work?

Post by lephon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:50 am

Hi, All

I'm using Aui framework (that means wxAuiManager & wxAuiPaneInfo) in my program.

I need to implement a set of dockable panes on the right, and make sure these panes can be minimized and restored as necessary, so anytime there will be zero, one or more panes being opened. My coding is like this:

Code: Select all

self._auiManager.AddPane(ExplorerPane, wx.aui.AuiPaneInfo().Name("ExplorerPane").Caption("Explorer Pane").TopDockable(False).BottomDockable(False).               Layer(1).Position(1).Right().MinimizeButton(True))


But it seems that MinimizeButton(True) doesn't work. I didn't see any error in the editor, so I supposed it's not my coding's fault.

So, is there any way or workaround to get this done? how to customize the look and feel of these panes? for example, I want the CloseButton to display as a picture rather than the default icon.
Last edited by lephon on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

lephon
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:20 am

Post by lephon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:56 am

BestSize() doesn't work too.

NinjaNL
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Oosterwolde, Netherlands

Re: MinimizeButton() in wxAuiPaneInfo doesn't work?

Post by NinjaNL » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:15 am

lephon wrote:But it seems that MinimizeButton(True) doesn't work. I didn't see any error in the editor, so I supposed it's not my coding's fault.

So, is there any way or workaround to get this done? how to customize the look and feel of these panes? for example, I want the CloseButton to display as another picture.
It's been a while since I looked, but I don't think the Minimize functions are implemented. I remember they wanted to implement something like "Eclipse like minimizing" but I personally don't know how this looks.

Anybody got a screenshot?
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/

lephon
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:20 am

Re: MinimizeButton() in wxAuiPaneInfo doesn't work?

Post by lephon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:38 am

NinjaNL wrote: It's been a while since I looked, but I don't think the Minimize functions are implemented. I remember they wanted to implement something like "Eclipse like minimizing" but I personally don't know how this looks.

Anybody got a screenshot?
Since it doesn't work, do you know any kind of workaround to get this done? for example, how to implement this function with custom codes? or just rewrite some methods or classes to make it happen?

NinjaNL
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Oosterwolde, Netherlands

Re: MinimizeButton() in wxAuiPaneInfo doesn't work?

Post by NinjaNL » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:18 am

lephon wrote:Since it doesn't work, do you know any kind of workaround to get this done? for example, how to implement this function with custom codes? or just rewrite some methods or classes to make it happen?
Not really, you'll need to dig into the wxAui code and implement it yourself, probably not an easy task.
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/

vsp
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:52 pm

Post by vsp » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:19 am

For me also minimize does not work.

There is a function call Minimize ( true ). But it does not seem to be working.

NinjaNL
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 899
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Oosterwolde, Netherlands

Post by NinjaNL » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:57 pm

I have implemented a simple minimize pane system.

This is built upon the AUDemo3 sources, but it should be implementable against 2.8.9 or whatever. A little time with WinMerge or something like it will result in usable code.

I also changed the wxArtProvider source, by adding a new bitmap, and references to it.

Hopefully this will help others and perhaps they can expand upon it.

I don't think I missed anything, but if there is a file missing let me know.

Mal
Attachments
AUITest3.rar
(136.01 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/

Post Reply