TABing between Toolbar Controls Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
DougSO
Knows some wx things
Knows some wx things

TABing between Toolbar Controls

Post by DougSO » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:38 am

I have added a wxToolbar to a wxFrame which only contains three wxSpinCtrls. I want to be able to get an event when a user changes the spin control values via either the spin buttons or when the associated text field is changed. The EVT_SPINCTRL event is working great when the user clicks on the spin buttons, but I am struggling to know when the text field has been edited.

If I click on a different spin control, the EVT_SPINCTRL occurs, but pressing enter or tab does nothing. I have tried to enable tabbing between controls but cannot seem to get that to work in a toolbar.

Is there a way to do this?

I am using wxMac 2.8.7.

Doug

benedicte
wxWorld Domination!
wxWorld Domination!

Re: TABing between Toolbar Controls

Post by benedicte » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:05 am

DougSO wrote:I have added a wxToolbar to a wxFrame which only contains three wxSpinCtrls. I want to be able to get an event when a user changes the spin control values via either the spin buttons or when the associated text field is changed. The EVT_SPINCTRL event is working great when the user clicks on the spin buttons, but I am struggling to know when the text field has been edited.
having a quick look at the wxWidgets documentation
wxWidgets wrote:if the user modifies the text in the edit part of the spin control directly, the EVT_TEXT is generated
DougSO wrote: If I click on a different spin control, the EVT_SPINCTRL occurs, but pressing enter or tab does nothing. I have tried to enable tabbing between controls but cannot seem to get that to work in a toolbar.

Is there a way to do this?

I am using wxMac 2.8.7.

Doug
AFAIK, it is not possible to use tabbing navigation in toolbar items.
[/url]