How to link a static library into my program by Dev-C++?

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
superwzj
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

How to link a static library into my program by Dev-C++?

Post by superwzj » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:34 pm

hey,guys
i'm a pretty newbie for programming, and the mission now is to compile a static library into my program, instead of a dll, because by this way, the user of application can work well without those dlls on their computer.

i know it's very common to do this by Dev-C++,but i really can't find how to do that on google.

For example,i have two library need to compile, all of them comes from openSSL, libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll, and i also have the static ones, libeay32.a and ssleay32.a.

please note that,i need static link the library.

anyone can help me?

liuqi5521
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by liuqi5521 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:15 pm

hi , click menu item [project] -> [project options],
and select the tab "parameters",you should input "-leay32" into the textbox on the right side of the panel.

superwzj
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by superwzj » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:20 pm

liuqi5521 wrote:hi , click menu item [project] -> [project options],
and select the tab "parameters",you should input "-leay32" into the textbox on the right side of the panel.
thanks, man..

but i think i must tell the linker where are those two libraries,right? how can i do that by -leay32?... i really have no idea about linker commands...

NinjaNL

Post by NinjaNL » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:26 pm

superwzj wrote:
liuqi5521 wrote:hi , click menu item [project] -> [project options],
thanks, man..

but i think i must tell the linker where are those two libraries,right? how can i do that by -leay32?... i really have no idea about linker commands...
Project - Project Options (Alt + P)
Select the Directories tab
Press the browse button, then browse to the location of these libraries (assuming that they were not installed into %DEV-CPP%\lib automatically)
Press OK
Press Add
Press OK

Now try and compile/run your program

OR

Project - Project Options (Alt + P)
Select the "Additional Command-line Options" tab
Click "Add Libvrary or Object" button
Browse to the library file (NOTE - the file itself libeay32.a)
Select Open

The additional library will have been added to the bottom of the list of library files.

Select the new text, press Ctrl+X,Place the caret at the beginning of the library list,Press Ctrl+V
Press OK

Now try and compile/run your program

Option 1 is better.

In effect
Follow the development of my screenplay authoring program at http://wxscreenplaywriter.blogspot.com/