wxGrid::GetSelectedRows() returns always 0 Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
dentiol
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

wxGrid::GetSelectedRows() returns always 0

Post by dentiol » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:36 pm

I use wxGrid and I use also GetSelectedRows(), although I have clearly selected multiple rows this method returns always 0.

I figured that selection is valid only and only if rows are selected by clicking on the number of the row on the left. But even if I have selected row selection and selection is filled by color when I don't select them through the left number - selection is not valid. That is confusing for the user.

Even of that selection is not always valid for every selected row. It shows non deterministic behavior - some row are in selection some not.

clyde729
Super wx Problem Solver
Super wx Problem Solver

Post by clyde729 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:35 pm

Sorry, but this is a known bug in wxGrid. I can't tell you a solution, maybe search the forum for a similar problem.
OS: Windows XP Home, Compiler: MingW, Version: wxWidgets 2.8.0, IDE: wx-Devcpp

dentiol
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by dentiol » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:53 pm

clyde729 wrote:Sorry, but this is a known bug in wxGrid. I can't tell you a solution, maybe search the forum for a similar problem.
I've already implemented a workaround where I use cell selection to emulate entire row selection. It is odd but it works.