SOLVED: xrc resource problem Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
idhan
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

SOLVED: xrc resource problem

Post by idhan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi,

I have create a resource trough the wxrc utility of wx2.8.7 (the resource is embedded into a cpp file). My program compiles without error, but on the link process I get the following error:
xWindowsOS.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class wxIcon __thiscall wxXmlResource::LoadIconA(class wxString const &)" ([email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall xWindowsOS::xWindowsOS(void)" ([email protected]@[email protected])
H:\myapplication.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
of course wxXmlResource doesn't has a public method LoadIconA only LoadIcon method, but I am calling the right methods this way:

SetIcon(wxXmlResource::Get()->LoadIcon("xrcApplicationIcon"));

Any idea why I get this error on the link process?

Second Problem: If I try to create a binary xrc file, the program doesn't find the "zip" program. I use IZArc for free, but anyone can tell me where can I find the zip command line for free?? The program tell me I can find it in http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/ but the website doesn't exist anymore. (I am using windows vista32)

thanks for you help
Last edited by idhan on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

idhan
Experienced Solver
Experienced Solver

Post by idhan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:02 pm

The problem was because I use also ogre, so, after include the ogre header, It must be include "wx/msw/winundef.h" to avoid problem with "windows.h" of windows.

Thanks to the wxwidgets channel (<_arkanes> & <realazthat>)