wxFrame... wxTextCtrl. Vista. Navigation and wantsChars.

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
rosswg
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxFrame... wxTextCtrl. Vista. Navigation and wantsChars.

Post by rosswg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:34 pm

1. There seems to be a difference in the results of the samples provided with devcc and with doing it using NEW Project|wxframe, as regards to navigation between controls.
2. The samples work - the programs I create using wxFrame, have some issues.
3. Project New|wxFrame - set wantsChar.
Then a wxLogMessage tells me that for every key depression a message is displayed. ( a blank wxFrame is a bit useless though).
4. Project New|wxFrame .... wxTextCtrl - set 'wantsChar'.
In this case there is not automatic navigation between wxTextCtrls on an 'ENTER' or 'TAB' key.
5. Project New|wxFrame....wxTextCtrl - NOT SET 'wantsChar'.
In this case there IS automatic navigation between wxTextCtrls on an 'ENTER' or 'TAB' key but the EVENT_TABLE
does not pass control to the EVT_RETURN function.
putting an event.Skip() there or in the EVT_chars function not does not make a difference.
6. Solution appears to be to set 'wantsChar' and to
provide for navigation using nameofctrl->SetFocus().
---------------------------------------------------
7. Provided I have not messed anything else up, I presume that it would work correctly on XP, else I would have seen
other posts on the subject. Lightning took my xp machine away just before Christmas, and so when I got this new one I took Vista with it.
---------------------------------------------------
8. As you can see I have a work-around. I wont tell you how long it took me to get there. I am guessing that I
will be able to use hot-keys to give me the special actions that I am looking for. This I will code in later, as I need to prove some database coding first.

rosswg
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by rosswg » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:50 am

If there is someone who has successfully done the above under vista, could you contact me, give some help or something please.