what control is this? does it exist in wx? Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
mac
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

what control is this? does it exist in wx?

Post by mac »

Hi,

what class would i use to make controls with the progress bars and icons inside what almost looks like a wxlistctrl report mode?

I can't describe it well but it's failry common. here is a picture of what i mean.

Image[/img]

Above picture is from an Opera transfer window
Last edited by mac on Fri May 04, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vista 64bit, OS X 10.4.x, OS X 10.3.9 x 2
(virtualization: vista 32bit, MS XP, MS95, MS98, Debian 3.1, Slackware 12, FreeBSD 6.1, a few more)

wx: 2.8.8/9 (unicode)
compilers: gcc (GTK+2, OS X), vc++6(MSW)
Jorg

Post by Jorg »

Besides the gauge it is a wxListCtrl. Maybe they defined one or two columns as owner drawn, so that the progress indicator can be drawn there. I do not know if this is possible in plain wxWidgets, maybe you can take the generic implementation of the wxListCtrl which is platform independent and tweak it a bit to allow this..

- Jorgen
Forensic Software Engineer
Netherlands Forensic Insitute
http://english.forensischinstituut.nl/
-------------------------------------
Jorg's WasteBucket
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jorgb/wb
mac
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by mac »

Jorg wrote:Besides the gauge it is a wxListCtrl. Maybe they defined one or two columns as owner drawn, so that the progress indicator can be drawn there. I do not know if this is possible in plain wxWidgets, maybe you can take the generic implementation of the wxListCtrl which is platform independent and tweak it a bit to allow this..

- Jorgen
Aww :roll: I was hoping there was a control that did it I missed -.-;

aMule seems to do it too or something similar with the gauge. I guess I can look at the source but it's huge (unreadable to me last time i looked months ago)

Thanks!
vista 64bit, OS X 10.4.x, OS X 10.3.9 x 2
(virtualization: vista 32bit, MS XP, MS95, MS98, Debian 3.1, Slackware 12, FreeBSD 6.1, a few more)

wx: 2.8.8/9 (unicode)
compilers: gcc (GTK+2, OS X), vc++6(MSW)
Frank
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Post by Frank »

Because that list-control ignores the Windows-Theme (not only for the progressbar, the titles too), I would say it is completely self-written, not just the default-control with ownerdrawn columns.
iwajlo
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Help

Post by iwajlo »

I would like to create my own progress bar in wxListCtrl like mac`s progress bar (on the pictures). what is your resolutin on my problem. I would like it is easy and succeed.
Please help me.
HeReSY
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by HeReSY »

AFAIK Opera is written with the Qt-Library from Trolltech, and they have only owner drawn controls.

HeReSY
iwajlo
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Post by iwajlo »

How Can I create this with wxWidgets