Proxy And FTP Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
barbarello
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Proxy And FTP

Post by barbarello » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:01 pm

Hello

Is it possible to use SetDefaultProxy et SetProxy with wxIPV4address::Service and wxIPV4address::Hostname ?

I need to test FTP adresse and port 21 behind a proxy serveur...

Thanks you all

lowjoel

Post by lowjoel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:21 pm

A proxy is not anything more than a server which redirects requests. So what you do is just connect to your proxy and specify the destination server or something like that.

Well, at least that should work for HTTP. I'm not sure about FTP (and I've never heard of a FTP proxy)

Joel

barbarello
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by barbarello » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:44 pm

Thanks

I'm not talking about FTP or HTTP proxy.
I've done an application to check if my FTP Server is OffLine or OnLine and I asking myself how can I use it behind proxy...

I found wxURL::SetDefaultProxy and wxURL::SetProxy but I don't how do cause I do request on Hostname + Service and EVT_SOCKET but not URL.

Thanks

lowjoel

Post by lowjoel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:50 pm

If you are behind a proxy you'll still need to connect to the proxy. It doesn't matter whether you are just checking if your server is online or offline.

Joel

barbarello
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Post by barbarello » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:07 pm

In fact my question is:

Useally When i'm behind a proxy server to use :
- a standard FTP client I need to specify, in the application, the adress and port a the proxy like adressIP:Port
- a standard http browser I need to specify, in the application, the adress and port a the proxy like adressIP:Port
etc....

Then I can use those applications.

But for my personnal application i will need to create a field to specify adress and port a the proxy, then launch it to check network request.

For the moment all my request are wrong because don't pass throught the proxy...

Sorry for my confuse explanations..... :(