wxGenericTreeCtrl color change

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
rtschnell
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxGenericTreeCtrl color change

Post by rtschnell »

Hi, Sometime between Windows wx3.1.4 and wx3.2.0 (I just noticed it in the latter), the highlight background color for the wxGenericTreeCtrl has changed to make it much harder to read the tree node. Formerly, the highlighted tree node would be dark blue with white text. Now, it is a very light gray background with white text, almost impossible to read.

I can reproduce this in the wx3.1.4 and wx3.2.0 sample app "treectrl" as well.

However, in the regular (non-Generic) wxTreeCtrl, the highlight background color hasn't changed from before: still the nicely contrasting dark-blue background and white foreground text color.

Any ideas on why this has happened, and if there is any way to override these colors? Thanks.
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxGenericTreeCtrl color change

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
What OS do you use?
What theme?
Why do you want to use generic control?

Thank you.
rtschnell
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: wxGenericTreeCtrl color change

Post by rtschnell »

I'm using Windows 11 (although this has also been seen on Windows 10 systems). No particular Theme, just the default.

The main reason I'm using the Generic control, is because the native Windows Tree Control's indentation is too great, whereas the Generic control offers shallower indentation. For our application, the Tree Control may show 4 levels of indentation, and the deepest might have very long file names. Using the non-Generic native Tree control, the file names can extend outside the width of the GUI window, whereas for the Generic, this doesn't happen. If there was a way to control the indentation amount on the native Tree Control, I wouldn't need the Generic.