wxwidgets 3.1.7 dialog UI code integrated with eclipse crashing when using multiple threads with gtk3

Do you have a typical platform dependent issue you're battling with ? Ask it here. Make sure you mention your platform, compiler, and wxWidgets version.
Sridhar@Work
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

wxwidgets 3.1.7 dialog UI code integrated with eclipse crashing when using multiple threads with gtk3

Post by Sridhar@Work »

Hi

I'm using pthreads in RHEL8 (Linux) with wxwidgets dialog application and the dialog is integrated with eclipse plugin. When I use eclipse to perform some operations, I get the following warning and eclipse is crashing.

Code: Select all

Gtk-WARNING **: 16:22:27.696: gtk_disable_setlocale() must be called before gtk_init()
xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
java: xcb_io.c:261: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
Do I have to initialize anything related XInitThreads for the code to work in Linux platform with Gtk3?
Please suggest.

Regards
Sridhar
ONEEYEMAN
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Re: wxwidgets 3.1.7 dialog UI code integrated with eclipse crashing when using multiple threads with gtk3

Post by ONEEYEMAN »

Hi,
What is the backtrace at the time of the crash?
And most importantly - ARE YOU ACCESSING ANY GUI FROM A SECONDARY THREAD?
(Secondary here means "not the one that creates wxApp object)

Thank you.
Sridhar@Work
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Re: wxwidgets 3.1.7 dialog UI code integrated with eclipse crashing when using multiple threads with gtk3

Post by Sridhar@Work »

No. There is no backtrace at the time of crash.

All the wxwidgets GUI is acessed from primary thread that creates the wxApp Object.

Any clues?

Regards
Sridhar
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

I'm using pthreads in RHEL8 (Linux) with wxwidgets dialog application and the dialog is integrated with eclipse plugin.
Does that mean you wrote en Eclipse plugin using wxWidgets and that's the one that crashes?
Use the source, Luke!