wxBitmapComboBox dropdown list doesn't fit screen

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
AenBleidd
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

wxBitmapComboBox dropdown list doesn't fit screen

Post by AenBleidd »

When wxBitmapComboBox contains a lot of elements, size of the drop down list calculated not correct that leads to the scrollbar either not to be shown at all, or it's not positioned correctly, and last elements are not accessible (at least without keyboard).
Attachments
Untitled.png
doublemax

Re: wxBitmapComboBox dropdown list doesn't fit screen

Post by doublemax »

As the text on your screenshot is blurry, i think you didn't build the sample as "dpi-aware" but your screen uses a font-scaling > 100%
Use the source, Luke!
AenBleidd
Earned a small fee
Earned a small fee

Post by AenBleidd »

I did, and it looks exactly the same
Attachments
Untitled1.png
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

The text is still not "crisp". However, i tested it and the problem still exists when the app is marked as "dpi-aware".

Please open a bugreport at http://trac.wxwidgets.org/

Thanks
widgets-hidpi.png
widgets-hidpi.png (75.48 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
Use the source, Luke!
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

I could not reproduce with few days old master and samples built as PMv2 DPI-aware (scaling at both displays at 125%, the screenshot includes the full height of the display):
widgets-bitmap-combobox.png
I also tried with the widgets icons added twice, so that there were many more items in the list. The popup window size was still the same.

EDIT
FWIW, I also tried on a different computer, with primary monitor scaled at 150% and secondary left at 100%, could not reproduce the issue on either display, regardless of which display the sample started on.
widgets-bitmap-combobox2.png
Last edited by PB on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doublemax

Post by doublemax »

This seems related to the absolute screen size. I made the first test in a VM at 1440x900 where it showed the error. Now i tried at 1680x1050 and i get about the same result as PB.
Use the source, Luke!
PB
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Post by PB »

Yes, I have just noticed the very limited vertical space in the OP's screenshot, based on the number of items visible in the combobox popup (even taskbar is on the left there).

In that screenshot, it seems that even the sample main frame does not fit on the screen (buttons on the bottom are not visible), so perhaps the combobox goes by "being as tall as my parent is OK, regardless of screen space available", meaning that not only the bottom part the frame (parent) is cut off, but the combobox popup as well. This should be easy to check...