How to find specific usage of function. Topic is solved

If you are using the main C++ distribution of wxWidgets, Feel free to ask any question related to wxWidgets development here. This means questions regarding to C++ and wxWidgets, not compile problems.
Andy
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

How to find specific usage of function.

Post by Andy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:21 pm

Recently, I use official documentshttps://docs.wxwidgets.org/for ind the implementation of some functions,for example the function of class wxFile.But,It is not enough to fully understand the meaning of each parameter.
Question1:

Code: Select all

wxFFileInputStream::wxFFileInputStream	(	
const wxString & 	filename,
const wxString & 	mode = "rb" 
)	
I didn't find the value of the mode!Obviously ,it has more than rb, there should be w and other. Where I can get the specific parameters of these functions and the meaning of these parameters?
Question2:
Just looking for the function doesn't seem to help me program correctly,where i can find some examples of the widgest?

Kvaz1r
Filthy Rich wx Solver
Filthy Rich wx Solver

Re: How to find specific usage of function.

Post by Kvaz1r » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:25 pm

You can see details of the implementation in source code. Just use search for Github repo - https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets

As for examples - see samples directory.

Edit:

mode it's file access mode for C-style I/O so for details use cppreference fopen
wxWidgets just provide useful wrapper (but not only) for them.

Andy
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: How to find specific usage of function.

Post by Andy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:20 am

mode it's file access mode for C-style I/O so for details use cppreference fopen
wxWidgets just provide useful wrapper (but not only) for them.
Thank you for your help, which convinced me that my program will not have unknown errors in the future.