wxSmith Tutorial 6 not completely working

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
jaytheprogrammer
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

wxSmith Tutorial 6 not completely working

Post by jaytheprogrammer »

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to wxWidgets, so I've been trying to build some tutorial code, and the program described at:

Code: Select all

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=WxSmith_tutorial:_Accessing_items_in_resource
isn't working entirely. My setup is C::B 13.12 with wxWidgets 3.0.0 on Windows 7. The page starts by having the programmer use code to change a wxStaticText object, then read a field in a wxTextCtrl object, then you play with a wxGauge object. All of these are working as described in the text. Of the next two, however, the first is to change a font size using a wxSlider control and the last to change the color of a wxStaticText object have some issues on my system. The wxSlider code I've checked and rechecked, yet nothing seems to happen when I move the slider and/or let go of the slider. So, I don't know what the deal is with this one.

The last item, to change the color of static text, did not repaint the screen after selecting a new color automatically, although any other change caused the new color to appear. I ended adding a Refresh(); call right after the SetforegroundColour() call and now the screen does reflect the newly selected color immediately.

I'm still wondering about the wxSlider, could anyone point me to a solution?
jgrzybowski
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: wxSmith Tutorial 6 not completely working

Post by jgrzybowski »

Code::Blocks and wxSmith are subjects not really connected to wxDev-C++. C::B+wxSmith and wxDev-C++ are alternative IDEs with RAD (designer). You should rewrite your post on sub-forum: Compiler / Linking / IDE Related
Regards
Jarek