Using my own dialog in a wxFrame

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
cgrobi
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Using my own dialog in a wxFrame

Post by cgrobi »

Hello to you,

the last days I spend reading documentations and try to get started with wxDevC++ 7.4.2. Several years ago I worked with the C++Builer and so the progress of learning seems fast to me. Now I have a problem I couldn't solve and I hope it's a simple question you could help me with.

I have written an application using wxFrame. Now I want to open a simple dialog box where I can fill in some numbers. So I generated a new class using wxDialog. So my question is:

How can I use this new Dialog box in the wxFrame-Application? I want to use showModal() but I surely have to create the new dialog first. That is the point where I have problems. I tried to find several examples, but all code fragments I found use either the standard dialogs (OpenDialog, etc) or didn't show enough details for my very basic knowledge. Can anybody write a short Example (maybe just a Window with a button that opens the new dialog) and Upload the whole Project? I'm sure it would be very useful to me.

Lots of thank you and sorry for my bad english...

Christian
jgrzybowski
Earned some good credits
Earned some good credits

Re: Using my own dialog in a wxFrame

Post by jgrzybowski »

Take a look on a following topic:
http://forums.wxwidgets.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36623
Regards, Jarek
cgrobi
In need of some credit
In need of some credit