allegro package

If you are using wxDev-C++ for your wxWidgets design, please ask your questions here instead of in IDE Related.
phil99
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

allegro package

Post by phil99 »

First off i apologize if this is in the wrong place but it seemed like the right one. Anyway i used the package installer to install the allegro 4.0 package to my wxdev and at first it gave me an error saying that allegro.h didnt exist, so i hunted it down and foudn that it was in the include folder which wasn't actually part of the includes so i added it in, then i got past that problem but i keep getting linker errors, which i have no idea how to solve. Btw im only running the basic allegro test, nothing fancy. here is a copy of the errors:

C:\Users\Name\Desktop\test\MingW\main.o In function `Z13_mangled_mainv'::
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `_imp__font'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `_imp__screen'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `_imp__font'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `_imp__screen'
[Linker Error] undefined reference to `_imp__key'
ld returned 1 exit status
C:\Users\Name\Desktop\test\Makefile.win [Build Error] [MingW/Project1.exe] Error 1

any help would be greatly appreciated.
tbreina

Re: allegro package

Post by tbreina »

Just to make sure. Are you actually specifying the allegro library in your linker includes? It should be something like "-lallegro" in your Project->Project Options->Parameters->Linker list.

Basically, the error is telling you that it can't find the compiled library containing the objects called "font", "screen", etc. I don't know if these are a part of allegro or if they are supposed to be in some other library, but the error is telling you that it can't find them in any of the currently linked libraries you've specified for the project. Since it is the sample from the allegro package, they might have a readme file which explains what DLLs/static libs need to be linked to get the thing to compile and build.

-Tony
Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.
phil99
In need of some credit
In need of some credit

Re: allegro package

Post by phil99 »

thanks Tony, It seems my problem was that i choose the static selection instead of the DLL one...